Kickstarting the day with a nutritious plant-based breakfast can’t be beaten. If you’re following the yogic diet, finding the perfect first meal of the day needn’t be a struggle. Let’s take a look at some easy-to-make plant-based diet breakfast bowls. Whether you’re a whiz in the kitchen or a complete newcomer, you will have no problem with these recipes.
Sweet and Fruity Plant-Based Breakfast Bowl
Do you crave sweet treats first thing in the morning? If your regular go-to treat is pancakes or waffles, you might be looking for a healthier alternative. Luckily, there are loads of plant-based diet breakfast bowls that fit the bill. To get you started, why not try this sweet, fruity, and oh-so-wholesome bowl? Follow these simple steps to whip it up.
- 1 banana
- 50g raspberries
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 75ml plant-based milk
- Chopping board
- Medium Bowl
- To make your plant-based diet breakfast bowl, start by peeling and chopping the banana into medium-sized chunks.
- Next, wash and drain your raspberries.
- Soak the quinoa flakes in plant-based milk for five minutes (or overnight).
- Put the soaked flakes in a medium bowl and add the banana and raspberries.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top of the oats and fruit.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour and then enjoy!
Pro tip: Use any type of plant-based milk that suits you. You might want to experiment with oat milk, soya milk, or even almond milk.
Savory and Tasty Plant-Based Breakfast Bowl
Not a sweet-tooth? No problem! You can also make a bunch of plant-based diet breakfast bowls in mere minutes. If you have a hankering for a savory start to the day, making a vegan-friendly meal will take you no time at all. Combining some delicious ingredients and a small punch of spice, this savory and tasty plant-based breakfast bowl will hit the spot.
- 150g canned black beans
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ an avocado
- 100g canned tomatoes
- 50g red peppers
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp pistachios
- 2 medium pans
- Large spoon
- Chopping board
- Medium bowl
- Start by putting the canned tomatoes in a pan on medium heat. Add the chili flakes and salt, and mix well for around five minutes. Set aside.
- Drain the black beans and rinse. Put the beans in a separate pan on medium heat. Add the tomato puree, lime juice, and garlic powder and mix well for five minutes. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the avocado into medium-sized chunks, depending on your preference.
- Slice the red pepper into strips. Optionally, you can roast the peppers or eat them raw.
- Put the tomato mixture, black beans, avocado, and peppers into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle on some pistachios and serve while hot.
Pro tip: Want to make this plant-based breakfast bowl extra special? Add some scrambled tofu into the mix. You won’t regret it!
Learn More Plant-Based Diet Recipes!
Now that you know these two recipes, why not take things a step further? Take a minute to learn more plant-based diet recipes. The more you know about cooking vegan treats, the easier it will be to stick to this healthy and wholesome diet.
See also: Morning Meditation to Energize Yourself