Emotional unbalance is a hard burden to bear. Human feelings can change most rapidly from moment to moment. When not nurtured correctly, you may find that these changeable emotions begin to control you and the things you do. That in itself is dangerous and can lead to yet more problems. Thankfully, the realms of Kundalini Yoga can help free you from their grasp.
Meditation is a fundamental part of Kundalini Yoga and your learning experience. Since the modern world is increasingly busy, it’s important to take a moment to yourself to be at peace. If you have been neglecting this aspect of your life, it’s certain to have had a negative impact on how you feel. Learning to meditate gives you the opportunity to unwind whenever, wherever you need to.
Needless to say, there are many different meditations, each of which has a different result. When you begin your yogic journey, you will start to learn a variety of meditation types that you can use in your everyday life. These actions afford you many great mental and physical benefits. You can count on them time and time again to help you develop and grow.
The simple meditation for emotional balance is a highly powerful and effective action. As you feel negative or harmful emotions taking charge of your mind, you can stop and use this process to restore peace. Aside from that, this particular meditation also helps to encourage serenity, boost peace, and improve your mindfulness. Put simply, the sooner you learn about it, the sooner you will be able to reap its countless rewards.
Benefits of This Meditation
Now that you understand one of the basic ways you can meditate for sleep, we will delve into the benefits of this practice. If you are struggling to get a good night’s sleep, it will impact every aspect of your waking life. Thankfully, using Kundalini Yoga to support your sleep routine will help you in the following ways:Balances emotions
- Helps calm nerves
- Boosts relaxation
- Enhances mindfulness
- Relieves tension
- Encourages peacefulness
- Helps foster compassion
- Prevents stress and anxiety
- Helps connection with the inner self
How To Do This Meditation
If you’re searching for emotional balance, there’s a simple yogic meditation you can undertake. The beauty of this particular process is that you don’t need a specific space in which to do it. Instead, you can practice it any place at any time. Whenever you feel that you need to restore your emotional levels and bring inner calm, go ahead and follow these steps below.
- Before you get started, drink a glass of cool water. You may want to lay down a blanket or a yoga mat for comfort too, but don’t worry if there isn’t one available.
- Start by sitting in Easy Pose or any position that feels comfortable. Cross your arms and put each of your hands beneath the opposing armpit. Lock them into place and keep them firm.
- Ensure that your back and spine is as straight as possible. Bring your head upward and your chin in toward your chest. Keep that posture.
- Next, slow your breath and close your eyes. You should find that you instantly begin to relax.
- Concentrate your focus on your breaths — they should be slow and continual. You should aim for around four deep breaths per minute. Relax.
- Continue this motion for between 3 and 11 minutes.
Beginner’s Tip: When you first start out, you may find it’s hard to slow your breath to this level. Should you find that you’re getting short of breath, be sure to relax. Take things at your own pace and avoid pushing yourself too hard.