This pose is all about strengthening your Radiance (your inner light) to be strong and shine brightly. Your radiance is what attracts opportunity and prosperity to you, and protects you from fear and hatred. It is a projection of your inner self, and this presence has the power to affect others.
Living in the Aquarian Age, we are faced with different pressures and stresses in our everyday lives. Learning how to strengthen our Radiant Body is essential to maintaining balance in life. If your Radiant Body is weak, you become susceptible to negative thoughts, paranoia, or delusions.
The Archer Pose can be a challenging one to master, but it is a simple way to build up your Radiant Body and your navel center. Not only will you have more physical stamina, but you’ll also have a full flowing reservoir of inner power.
Benefits of the Archer Pose
- Helps you feel grounded, strong, and self-assured
- Strengthens your nervous system and core strength
- Increases the strength of the Radiant Body
- Builds power in the navel center
- Increases focus, steadiness, courage, fearlessness, and willpower
- Helps to open, heal, and balance all chakras
How to do the Archer Pose
It is recommended to do 11 minutes on each side. You’ll be applying long deep breathing when practicing this asana.
- Bring your right foot forward so that both your feet are at least a meter apart. Your right toes should be facing forward.
- Position your left toes at a 45-degree angle to your body, with your left toes facing outward from your body.
- Bend your right knee until your thigh is almost parallel to the ground. Make sure your knee does not go past your toes. Keep your left leg straight and strong.
- Keep your spine straight and tuck in your tailbone.
– Make sure your tailbone is pointing straight down to the ground (this should be easy if your back is straight).
– Your whole upper body should be upright and not leaning forward, backward, or sideways.
- Now, bring your arms up as if you’re holding a bow and arrow.
– Curl your fingers into both palms with your thumbs up and pulled back (like making a thumbs-up sign).
– Lift your right arm up and extend it straight forward. It should be parallel to the ground and above your right knee.
– Lift your left arm and position it parallel to your right arm. Then, bend your left arm at the elbow and pull it back till your left fist is at your left shoulder.
- Apply the Neck Lock. Keep your chin in and chest out such that you can feel a stretch across your chest.
- Your eyes should focus beyond your thumb into infinity.
- Hold this pose for 11 minutes before switching sides and holding for another 11mins.
Beginner’s Tip: If you’re trying this out for the first time and still building up your strength, try this pose for 3 minutes on each side.