Whenever you come to the kundalini yoga practice, there are a handful of asana poses that you will learn first. These are absolutely integral to your journey and must be mastered early on so that you can move forward. One such pose happens to be Easy Pose (or Sukhasana). If you wish to perfect this position, you must practice regularly. Let’s take a look at a guide on how to get it right.
Benefits of Easy Pose
Before we move on to how you can enact Easy Pose for yourself, let’s take a moment to talk about its many benefits. As one of the major poses in beginners kundalini yoga, students will have to master this position early on. Here are some of the advantages to it.
- Helps center the mind
- Improves posture
- Aids mindfulness and meditation
- Allows for quiet contemplation
- Works the back muscles
- Strengthens the core
- Unleashes the inner power
- Lightens the spirit
- Supports relaxation
How to do Easy Pose
Easy Pose is a central part of the kundalini yoga practice. When students first come to the regime, they will need to spend time learning this pose. So, how can you get started? Practice the following directions and hold the position for any given amount of time.
- Put either a yoga mat or a comfortable blanket on the floor before you begin. You will need the support from a mat as this pose can be uncomfortable on the ground.
- Sit down and cross your legs. Put each foot below the corresponding knee.
- Make sure that your knees are low toward the ground and that your legs are folded in toward your body. The pose should look as streamlined as possible.
- Keep your feet as close to the ground as you can. Relax this area of your body so that your feet are touching the mat slightly.
- To ensure that you have the Sukhasana (or Easy Pose) leg fold correct, you should look down and see a triangle in the space between your legs.
- Make sure that your pelvis is in a neutral position and that your muscles are as relaxed as they can be. Sit in this position and take a few deep breaths.
- Place your hands on each of your knees. You can turn them upward so that your palms are facing the sky or turn downward.
- Lengthen your torso and be certain that you are not arching over in any direction. Doing so will mean that the pose if incorrect, and so you should avoid this issue.
- Sit in the Easy Pose for any period that you wish. Kundalini yoga students should practice this particular pose on a regular basis for the best results. It is one of the most fundamental poses in the regime.
Pro tip: Keep your tailbone tucked under your body at all times when you are in Easy Pose. Notice how you are sitting and realign yourself to ensure this is the case.