Reading Time: 9 minutes
Harnessing the power of mantras is an important lesson for any Kundalini Yoga student. When we explore mantras, we open up a whole extra dimension of the practice.
Mantras can be utilized for many purposes, but they are particularly powerful at connecting our mind and body to the soul, and those to the universe around us. This grants us protection and grounds us into the Earth, attracting good vibes into our lives.
The Na Sattrai, Na Mittrai mantra is particularly effective for use in protection, reminding us that we are powerful individuals, existing as part of the universe and taking power from that.
Na Sattrai, Na Mittrai Mantra Meaning
Translated as “you have no enemies, but also no friends”, this Na Sattrai, Na Mittrai mantra reminds us that we are responsible for forging our own paths, and that everybody we encounter is neutral in that journey.
When we focus on this aspect of our existence and relationships, we remember that we are the master of our own destiny, and we cannot be harmed. We are protected by the knowledge that we must place all of our trust and belief in nobody but ourselves.
Before using this mantra in your practice, it is important to understand it line by line to allow you to truly connect to the meaning as you chant.
- “Na sattrai. Na mittrai. Na bhannang. Na bhittrai” means “you have no enemies, but also no friends, and no delusion or fear”
- “Na kannang. Na kaa-ay. Ajunmang. Ajaa-ay” means “Karma does not affect you, you never take birth, nor were you born of a woman”
- “Na chitrai. Na mittrai. Paray hai(n). Pavittrai” means “you cannot be drawn, you have no friends, you are pure and perfect”
- “Pritheesai. Adeesai. Adrisai. Akrisai” means “you are the master of this earth, from its very beginnings, you are invisible and cannot be weakened”
When you chant the Na Sattrai, Na Mittrai mantra, it is important to focus on its meaning. Take the opportunity to feel the isolation, and the strength that it brings. The more you can bring the meaning to mind, the stronger its effects.
For this reason, this mantra is particularly effective when practiced regularly. The more these words are chanted, the more you will know them to be true, and the stronger the effects of its protective barrier will become.
Na Sattrai, Na Mittrai Mantra Benefits
Now that you understand the meaning and translation of this mantra we can look more closely at the benefits it can bring to you through regular use.
- Supports insightfulness
- Brings courage in the face of stress and anguish
- Encourages power in difficult situations
- Helps to support healthy sleep and diminish anxiety
- Boosts confidence in relationships and spirituality
- Empowers us to neutralize difficult interpersonal relationships.
This mantra is an incredibly effective mantra for protection, and brings with it the bonus of strength and resilience, which can always do with a boost from time to time.
It brings power from our connection to the universe, and reminds us that we are strong, powerful, and independent, making is the perfect mantra to include in your Kundalini Yoga practice.
Continue Your Journey
Mantras make up a significant part of the Kundalini Yoga student’s journey, and each new mantra is just a new piece of the puzzle.