Is it time for a change? Adopting a plant-based diet has a wealth of physical and mental benefits. However, whenever you take on a new meal plan, finding dishes that satisfy your tastebuds is important. After all, taking the time to truly savor the meals that you eat and be thankful for them is all part of the yogic lifestyle and philosophy.
As the months get cooler, you may be looking for something to warm you up. Why not try a simple plant-based recipe for stuffed peppers? This is a versatile dish that you can rely on when you want something quick, tasty, and wholesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Mediterranean Plant-Based Stuffed Peppers
Whether you fancy a light lunch or want to make a side dish, there’s one treat that’s always a winner. Cooking from scratch doesn’t need to be hard. Luckily, there’s an easy plant-based recipe for stuffed peppers you can learn. Follow these simple instructions to make a delicious Mediterranean-style dish in no time at all:
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- ½ green chili
- 1.5 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ cup of chopped black olives
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large baking tray
- Large pan
- Large spoon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Slice the peppers in half and get rid of the seeds. Place on a large baking tray and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers start to cook, peel and thinly slice the red onion and green chili.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan. Add the sliced onions and chili. Cook for two minutes until the onions become soft.
- Add one and a half cups of canned chopped tomatoes. Leave to simmer for two minutes.
- Next, add the garlic powder, paprika, chili flakes, and chopped black olives. Stir the tomato sauce well so that all of the flavors combine.
- Add the cooked brown rice to the mixture and stir so that it’s completely covered.
- Take the baking tray out of the over. Use a large spoon to distribute the tomato and rice mixture into each pepper half.
- Put the baking tray back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven. Leave to cook for a minute and then garnish with freshly chopped basil before serving the plant-based stuffed peppers.
Pro tip: Add more flavor! When you have mastered this simple plant-based recipe for stuffed peppers, add extras, such as sun-dried tomatoes or oregano to enhance it.
Find More Plant Recipes Now!
Starting your plant-based journey? If you’re new to this diet, it’s smart to learn some easy recipes first. Luckily, we have a few plant-based recipes you can try at home. Why not dig out your figurative chef’s hat and get cooking now?