Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you wake up refreshed, having a delicious and healthy meal to kick things off is certainly the way to go. Of course, when you’re following the yogic diet, ensuring that you eat well is essential. Luckily, finding quick and easy breakfast recipes that work for you is a smart place to start.
If you’re searching for a tasty plant-based recipe for breakfast, we have the perfect thing. Smoothie bowls have become huge in recent years and it’s clear to see why. Filled with tasty fruit and wholesome extras, these treats are full of nutrition and flavor. What’s more, it takes less than ten minutes to whip up one of these breakfasts from scratch.
Delicious Plant-Based Smoothie Bowl
Ready to get started? You don’t need any special culinary skills to follow this simple plant-based recipe for breakfast. To get it right, you’re going to need to do a little chopping and some blending. It’s so straightforward. Here’s what you need to know.
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 6 tsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp granola
- 50g fresh strawberries
- 10g shredded dried coconut
- Chopping board
- Start by peeling the banana and chopping it into thin slices.
- Next, chop the strawberries into thin slices and remove the leaves.
- Pour the frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and coconut milk into a blender. Add half of the banana slices (and set the other half aside!).
- Blend for a minute until you have a smooth consistency.
- Put the smoothie into the bowl and ensure that it’s evenly spread.
- Add the rest of the banana slices, the strawberry slices, the granola, and the dried coconut. Serve and enjoy!
3 Tips to Make a Tasty Plant-Based Smoothie Bowl
When you’ve mastered the above plant-based recipe for breakfast, why not take things to a whole new level? You can change the recipe or even add to it. Here are three tips.
1. Add some zest into the mix
Want to give your plant-based smoothie bowl some extra zing? Why not add some zest into the smoothie mixture. Take some orange or lime peel and add it into the blender before you get started. This extra ingredient will give you a real flavor hit.
2. Get seasonal ingredients
Work with whatever fruits are in season right now. For example, if there are plenty of strawberries available in the stores, add them to your plant-based smoothie bowl. On the other hand, if it’s satsuma season, you can use these fruits in your recipe instead.
3. Try different toppings
When you’ve made your smoothie bowl, the fun part starts. You can add any toppings that suit you to this tasty breakfast. For instance, you might want to sprinkle some wholesome nuts on top of the smoothie or even add some seeds instead. The choice is yours!
Continue Your Plant-Based Journey!
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to get started. When you give this plant-based recipe a whirl, you will see that it couldn’t be easier. Why not treat yourself today?