Do you want a bit more spice in your life? If you’re following the yogic diet, that doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on flavorsome recipes. Luckily for you, there are plenty of plant-based lunch ideas that pack a real punch from stuffed peppers to salad bowls. If you’re looking for something tasty and quick, here’s the plant-based taco recipe for you.
Hot & Spicy Plant-Based Taco Recipe
Ready to make some delicious Tex-Mex inspired treats? It couldn’t be easier. Our spicy and delicious plant-based taco recipe serves one. However, if you’re having some friends over for lunch, you can double or triple the ingredients to serve more people.
Whether you’re a pro chef or new to the kitchen, you should have no problem whipping up this plant-based lunch. The whole recipe takes around 30 minutes to complete. That means that it’s ideal for when you’re busy or simply want a quick snack. Feeling hungry? Follow our simple plant-based recipe to make your tacos now.
- 3 small wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 large bell pepper
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- ½ an eggplant
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopping board
- Two small bowls
- Baking tray
- To get started, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Next, wash all of the vegetables. Slice the bell pepper into batons and cut the eggplant into thin strips.
- Next, in a small bowl, mix together two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, some chili flakes, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Put the chopped vegetables into a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and spice mix.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, scoop the avocado out of its skin and remove the stone. Place it in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of lime juice, and two tablespoons of salsa to the avocado. Mash well to create a quick, homemade guacamole.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into thin strips.
- When the vegetables are cooked, take them out of the oven. Place the tortillas into the oven for a couple of minutes to warm them up.
- Assemble your plant-based tacos. Start with the tortillas, add the baked aubergine and peppers, add the guacamole, and then garnish with the cherry tomato slices.
Pro tip: Are you a real spice lover? If you are, add a teaspoon of chilli powder or cayenne to your guacamole to give it an extra kick. Delicious.
Hop to the kitchen and get cooking. Making these plant-based tacos takes no time at all and the result is a nicely spiced lunch you won’t forget. Now that you know how to make these treats, why not give them a go and spice up your next lunch hour?
See also: Morning Meditation to Energize Yourself